Self-led activities and workshops in our Education Centre:
- HANDLING BOX FUN - investigate selected museum objects, with an activity sheet for teachers and group leaders – topics cover ‘WWII’, ‘The Fishermen’s Cottage’ and ‘The Fisherlasses’.
- ART AND DISCOVERY WORKSHOP - use our art cart with items from our lending collection to further explore objects from the museum
Other options may be available - please contact the Museum for further information.
Activities with partner organisations:
- COME ON BOARD OUR FLAGSHIP ‘REAPER’! - Join our knowledgeable crew and have a tour around our historical Herring fishing boat. Available from April - September (dependant on crew availability) *Not suitable for wheelchair access
- ROCKPOOL GUDDLE! - Visit Fife’s Coastal Footpath and engage with Fife’s coastal environment led by our local and very knowledgeable Coast and Countryside Ranger. Available from Easter to June and subject to weather conditions. Please wear suitable clothing and footwear.
- SAFETY AT SEA - combine your visit to the museum with a visit to the local RNLI station! Visit the museum then learn about the importance of the RNLI volunteers in supporting fishermen and other people who go to sea. This theme is supported by our new “Fishing in Scotland” resource. Topics which can be incorporated into the tour are navigational instruments, equipment and clothing, communication, folklore and superstition, lighthouses, lifesaving and rescue, and the Museum’s very important and unique ‘Memorial room’.
*All activities and workshops to be requested when making booking at museum except for ‘Safety at Sea’ - call Roger Grundy on 01333 310526 to book a visit to the RNLI station as part of your visit to the museum.
*A small charge may apply for certain activities to cover material costs.
*Our workshops can be adapted for ASL schools and classes - please contact us for further information.