The Anstruther Whale Fishery Company in the context of the Scottish whaling industry and its related collections.
The former storehouse of the Anstruther Whale Fishery Company (now incorporated in the Museum) was established c.1750 during a period of expansion for the Scottish whaling fleet.
Over 2013 – 14 we have carried out a full survey of the building, allied to a reassessment and re-display of our whaling collection. The opportunity will also be taken to work with holders of other Recognised whaling collections around Scotland to place the building and our collection in context.
This project has been grant-funded by Museums Galleries Scotland, Recognised Collections Fund